Friday, August 1, 2008

Water Day







We had a blast at the water park with my friend Emily and her little girl Hannah. Emily & I have been great friends for a long time. We roomed together up at Ricks College and it's always fun hanging out with her. Her little Hannah cruised around the whole time trying to run off with other people's strollers. She's a crack up.
There's a brand new mall just down the street from us and it has a cute children's area with a splash pad and outdoor toys. I'm sure the outdoor toys will be fun in the fall but the water part was so much fun. Lucy was a bit hesitant at first but as soon as she could feel the water she hopped right in and couldn't get enough. I had a reality check though because as I was looking at all of the kids playing, I realized that Cams & Kendyl were the biggest ones there. It really hit me that they are growing up too fast and I need to enjoy all of the slow summer days I have with them - which are many. All in all, even though Ems & I sweated through our shirts, the girls had fun and that's all that matters. Thank goodness for the DQ right around the corner.