Saturday, January 31, 2009

Jam Day!

Our annual tradition of making jam was yesterday and the girls were pretty excited. We love having jam in our freezer for the whole year and as soon as the strawberries go on sale, we're all over it.
I have to write down this funny thing Cams said the other day. She & Kendyl were cleaning up their rooms in order for Brooklyn to come over and play. When I went in there to see if it was done, her bed looked so nice and neat. I said, "Cams, thank you for doing your bed." She put her hand over her heart and said, "Mom....it wasn't my pleasure, it was the Holy Ghost's pleasure." I guess our FHE lesson confused her a bit.
Cams was in charge of washing and cutting the strawberries and then I blended them. When I told the girls to go outside and play, this is what I found. Why not? It's January and it's 75 degrees. (These strawberries were dang good.)


They were great helpers with the stirring and Cams loved showing off the finished product.


Lucy even got in on the action.