Monday, May 4, 2009

A birthday and an anniversary

April 21, 2009 marked my parents' 30th anniversary. It's crazy to think it's been that
long already. We didn't do anything big and extravagant like we should have, but to them just being together is enough. They are pretty simple and grounded and that's what I love about them. To me, there could be no better parents on earth and I'm so lucky to have them forever. My kids love and adore them and I know someday they'll really know how lucky they are in having them as their grandparents. They have been such great examples to me, and I can't imagine going through life without them. This is the first picture with ALL of the grandkids in it. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
And then yesterday, my brother Brad had his birthday and as I was looking through old photo books, I came across these funny ones. The top one is so typical of Brad using me as his manequine for putting balloons all over me. I'm sure I protested it pretty hard, but he always won those fights. The bottom one is of us in Hawaii getting our snorkel gear and heading out. Now he's up in Utah working and going to school and we miss him a ton! We always love when he comes down and takes us out on the boat or just comes over and hangs out. Brad - we love you so much! Happy Bday!