Sunday, May 31, 2009

Nothin' like a good ol' dance recital!

The girls had their dance recital this past weekend and it really wasn't as painful and I thought it was going to be. The only painful thing really was getting them ready the whole 2 hours before the recital. As much as I hate it, they love it! I don't go all out with the makeup because I can hardly stand it myself. I just crack up at the "dance moms" who keep fluffing their daughter's hair and applying lipstick at 2 minute intervals just to keep them perfect. So not me!!! Each year I keep telling myself that it's the last year and then we end up doing it one more time. When you see how much your child loves something and gets so excited about it, how can you not do it? I just hope it transfers to volleyball very soon! So for now, this will have to do. Anyways, they did so good and we were so proud of them!
There are 6 cousins in their class: Brooklyn, Amy, Kendyl, Cams, Elle, & Janie! They are all within 9 months of eachother.
Right in the middle of their ballet number, Cam's shoe totally fell off. She said she looked down at her feet and didn't see a shoe so when she found it, she quickly put it on and kept going. To her it wasn't a big deal, but it sure made a great show for the rest of us. Especially since she was in the front row so the whole crowd was snickering. Funny stuff!


Photobucket