I loved being home for Fall Break. We didn't go anywhere or need to do anything. We took each day as it came and never had any real plans. So we always looked forward to the phone ringing in the morning telling us what the exciting plans were for that day coming from a random family member. We hit up the park with the Arnett cousins and swam in VV Lakes with the Ahlstrom cousins. Besides eating too much Little Ceasars pizza and Taco Bell, it felt like we could've done this forever.

Val Vista Lakes swimming at the beach. (Check out Lucy's attitude stance. The cap makes it even better.)
Park with the Arnett cousins.
Park with the Ahlstrom cousins.
This morning we went on a 5k Autism Walk at the zoo. Some of our friends have autistic kids and we thought it would be a good thing to support. I know that we look pretty white trash in this picture but we had to be out of the house by 6:50 AM. Lucy was lucky she even got dressed. John & I both decided that the zoo is the MOST OVERRATED place in Arizona. Hands down!
I almost forgot about the best way to kick off the week was a trip to Utah to ride horses in the mountains. Yes, we did it again this year and it was an absolute blast! My mom, Brad, Megan, and Scotty & myself all joined up with the Smarts and had a ride in the beautiful mountains. I haven't laughed as hard as I did when Scotty's saddle almost fell off leaving the rest of us crying laughing. (We won't say whose mouth resembled a horse's mouth. Right, Scotty?) You can see it in the first picture. LIke my mom said, this is me after only one night of rest - think of how I was acting with 2 full nights of rest!!!
Now all I need is a picture of the girls at church with John's attempt at doing their hair. Trust me, I already got some awesome feedback. E for effort!




