Friday, January 29, 2010

Disneyland 2010

I can't even start to say how much fun we had this year at Disneyland. It's been 2 years since we've been and we were overly excited to go. This was a Christmas present from my grandparents for our whole family to go, but sadly my grandpa had a little heart scare and couldn't make it. It kind of put a damper on the whole thing without them there, but we knew it would be a short trip.

The girls could hardly stand it and the day felt like Christmas - getting up at 5 and being so exhausted before even leaving the house. John & I were just as excited because we were able to find Ben a babysitter and just be with the girls. And with a little help of some socks stuffed in her shoes, Lucy was able to ride on ALL of the rides with us including: Soarin', Splash Mountain, and yes - Tower of Terror! It was so much fun to be able to get our whole family on rides and not have to split up or leave someone behind. We've decided that when Ben Johnny hits 40" we're going back with or without the whole fam damily! The first night we got there, we just barely made it in time for the parade. Not my favorite parade, but still ok. All I was saw were some really feminine guy dancers that needed to settle down. The next day turned out to be so PERFECT because the forecast said that it was going to rain, so no one came to the park. NO ONE! We put on our rain ponchos and had one of the funnest afternoons of my life. NO joke! The girls loved being soaked and they could sit on the rides and go over and over and over again.
Photobucket

This was the first ride we all got on together and as you can see, I'm ducking just so Lucy's face would be shown, and I'm so glad I did. It's classic!

Photobucket


Cams was brave and decided to try Screamin'. This is what she told me afterwards: "Mom, I really really loved it, but I don't want to do it again." I was very proud of her. I love her face here.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This was on the last day we were there. My mom wanted to do the Grizzly Rapids and so we waited for the last ride of the day and went over and just go soaked! The girls laughed the whole way. I'll never forget it.

Photobucket
Kendyl was in heaven being with so many people around that she loved. I love this picture.

Photobucket
Lucy and Joe-Joe.

Photobucket
Murph & Millie.

Photobucket
I guess we had about 140 people there from our family. It was a blast! We truly are blessed to have such a wonderful heritage and fun family traditions.

Highlights:
  • Games at night with the cousins - best!
  • John at the Golden Horseshoe dropping "Baby Got Back"
  • Churros and more churros
  • Never having to get off of the rides
  • Grizzly Rapids with Sophie and her sweatshirt tied around her face
  • Kendyl and Lucy on Tower of Terror with me and loving it
  • Me wanting to go in and the girls begging to stay out
  • Smelly feet
  • The best airplane ride home - WORST!
  • Missing Ben but SO glad he stayed home
  • Chicken Corn Chowder in the Storyteller Cafe with everyone
  • Joe-Joe and Scotty being there and the girls loving it...
  • Stuffing Lucy's shoes with my socks just to get her to 40" and then taking them off as soon as we were on the ride
  • Continually thinking about Papa and wondering how he was doing