Our friend Sue Nelson lives in Lehi and she surprised the girls with their own pig boots which are basically irrigation boots worn when you bathe pigs. Needless to say, my girls have LOVED their pig boots and wear them all the time but we've been waiting and waiting and waiting to actually use them for washing the pigs.
So when we got the call that it was pig bathing time, we jumped! First it was Kendyl's turn and there was no hesitation there. She was in charge of bathing Pinky and she got down and dirty - it was awesome.
Cams wasn't too sure about it, but as soon as she saw Kendyl in there, she knew she needed to try it and she did a great job. She was in charge of Cowgirl. Cams scrubbed in places I didn't need her to scrub, but that's how you clean the pig.
But the one who surprised me the most was little Lucy. She begged to get a turn and even with her cute pink dress, she got right in there and started scrubbing. These pigs were huge! And they were pushing Lucy around - I was a bit nervous for her but it didn't phase her.
They had a such a blast and wanted to bathe more pigs and even the cows. I loved seeing them in this element because you never know how your kids are going to act in new situations so for me, it was a proud moment thinking that maybe my girls can become professional pig bathers! That's my girls!
After Lucy was done, she was totally content with her brownie and staying close to my mom. I love it when there's another set of legs Lucy can cling to when I need to help the other kids.
And of course, Ben tagged along. I almost wanted to throw him in and let the girls start scrubbing him, but we might wait until he's a bit older. Sweet boy.






