First off, I had a great Mother's Day weekend. The kids and John always try to make it a stressless weekend and make sure I don't lift a finger. I love when the kids bring home papers from school about what their mom looks like, cooks, does during the day and so on. Well Cams put on her list that I weight 65 lbs., that I like to cook mac 'n cheese, and that my favorite thing to eat is strawberry banana shakes. SURE! We'll take it! John took our car into Best Buy and had them put an automatic car starter in it and a new radio (more for him.) Those were my presents and I've already seen the benefits of having both of them in my car.
Next came Cameron's Mommy Makeover Day at Neely. I was really dreading this day because the kids get to put your makeup on you. But when I showed up, Mrs. B had bought us 99 cent store makeup and that's what the kids got to put on us!! I could already feel zits forming on my face. Oh well. I smiled the whole way through and afterwards when I looked like a drag queen, the kids sang us the cutest songs and we cried it all off. We love Mrs. B and hope she'll be able to teach Kendyl next year.

Then came Cameron's LPM recital. I love this program and it has taught Cams some amazing things before she even starts the piano. She & Drew have been classmates and we love their teacher Miss Rosanne!


Then I went to the wedding ceremony of my cousin Ben & Lauren. They were sealed by Gene R. Cook who was Ben's Dad's mission president. John & I were given one of his books for our wedding and I still read it to this day. Well, I went in to the sealing room not thinking much of it until he started talking. His whole demeanor was prophetic and he was very still. He didn't stand up and talk, he sat down which I liked. You could tell he had thought alot about what he wanted to tell them and he knew the Lord helped him feel the inspiration. He told them about loving the Lord more than themselves and then he told them something very interesting. He said that the devil has confused our minds to make us think we need to switch roles. Instead of the father needing to protect, preside, and provide, the women think they need to do that. The women then feel like they need to work to keep up with the worldly standards and then that pulls them out of the house. I loved when he said that because it really is true how the devil can do that and I know alot of women who feel like they need to work to keep up with their spending habits. Along with his other counsel, the whole ceremony was amazing and I didn't want it to end. I was so glad John & I could be there to witness that. The gospel is so perfect. So glad to be a part of it at this time.

