I now know why we take our kids to the cabin. It's to toughen them up. At least 3 times a day, a child would come in with a bloody knee, or splinter, or stubbed toe. Yes, this could all be prevented with shoes or jeans, but they were too excited to get out and play that they wouldn't remember to put them on. After the first week though, it happened less and less and I figured it wasn't because the injuries weren't happening, it was because they were getting used to it. Instead of carefully walking across the gravel road, by the end of the week the kids were running across it. They couldn't feel a thing. True outdoorsmen.
Well, this week we started it off with church. We were sitting in sacrament meeting when Lucy told me she had a secret. I leaned down to hear this in my ear, "Mom - me no have panties on." I then realized that I had taken her to the bathroom before we left and got sidetracked before I could get her panties back on. John knew something was going on and when our eyes met, I slowly shook my head and pointed to her bum. He darted out of the meeting knowing there was a pair in the car but there weren't, so he took her home and put some on. The funny thing was she thought it was hilarious and tried to take my phone and get a picture of it. I'm sure some of the congregation got flashed before the secret came out. Oh dear. Sorry people.
This was when we took a walk to Eddie's for breakfast and Cams and the boys playing stump ball.
Cute Joanna and Ben and Kendyl with Ben enjoying the outdoors.


Lots of bonding going on here. Cams being silly looking for rolly pollies.
I love being up here. I couldn't believe how much the trees had grown and now they've almost covered up the cabin. So beautiful.
The kids on the Woodland Lake bridge.
And the highlight of the week was the ladybug bush. They were everywhere.
The second time the kids went back to look for them, a big snake slithered across Cam's feet and they were out of there!








