Successful weeks are based on what you consider successful. Sometimes it's because of the things you get done or the things you get organized, but I must say that this week was a success because of the things we got FINISHED up.
It started out with FHE on Monday where the girls were in charge of the lesson. They played a game of 'Guess Who' and John & I were on separate teams with Benny & Luce as our teammates. It got a little competitive, of course, but in the end Lucy & I prevailed and won the game. Then we worked on memorizing The Proclamation and the girls are FINISHED with memorizing the first 3 pages. We look forward to FHE especially now that Benny is in charge of the music and leads us in popcorn popping every week.
Then Tuesday rolled around and this is what I came home to at 7:30 AM...
I busted up laughing! I couldn't believe how grown up he looked with a mohawk! John said he actually liked it but throughout the day he would touch it and said, "Uh-oh." We buzzed him today so we're definitely FINISHED with the mohawk.
As John said in his previous post, I did perfect my rolls and I was so happy about that because this was my 4th or 5th try and I was getting very upset, but when I realized it was because I kept my flour in the freezer and that was the reason it wasn't letting the yeast work, I knew I had the solution. FINISHED with failing on the rolls.
And then.... the doorbell rang and these babies showed up...
I was in hog heaven!!! Being that we're going on 10 years with our wedding gift pots and pans, I knew these were the winners. Yes, I did see them on an infomercial and yes, I do get suckered in SOMETIMES, but we don't have one of everything!!! So of course, I tried them out for dinner and they worked like magic. Even when Brad & Emma came over that night, I did a mini infomercial for them and again they worked like magic. No more soaking in the sink all night after burning something, everything slides right out! Laugh on people! FINISHED waiting for my pots & pans!
Wednesday came around and at one point in the day, I walked in to this:
Kendyl was patching up Lucy's scratches she had gotten from a fall outside. She had gotten the scar kit down and was working on every cut. It was almost like surgery on my counter. This is what I love about Kendyl - she'll take such good care of you because she doesn't like to see anyone hurt or in pain. She makes it her calling in life and I told her she'll be a great nurse someday. She even propped Lucy up on the counter which is no easy task in itself. She was FINISHED with that!
Thursday is my therapy day. It has been 14 weeks since my surgery and I have been a great patient if I do say so myself. I have done everything anyone has asked of me - therapy, ice, therapy at home, laser, no exercise, etc. I knew that this would be hard for me to follow thru with so I told myself to be committed to the instructions. When I got to my therapy, I just asked if someone could measure my knee and see how it compared to my other one. To my surprise, everything was exactly the same. The measurements showed that my left knee was back to the way it was and that was the best news ever! I still have to work on my quad muscle but that can be done at the gym. FINISHED with therapy!!
Friday night we went to the school carnival and I'm so FINISHED with those things. I'm hiding those flyers whenever they come home from here on out.
Lehi Days was on Saturday and we always look forward to this:
Right after Lehi Days was Kendyl's last soccer game. She had a great last game - running fast and kicking hard and not falling down. After every game she tells me that she tried her hardest but this was definitely her best game. It's always, "Mom, next game I'll get a goal. I promise." Even though that never happened, I'm still so proud of the way she kept trying and I'm going to miss her cute red face after the games. Thanks Coach Lori! You're the best! FINISHED with soccer!
Last but not least, we dug out the nasty tree in the back which froze and replaced it with a peach tree. Why peach? Why not? Cams said she'll start eating them if we plant one. This picture is funny because of the way Kendyl posed when she saw the camera.
Even though we're busy a lot of the times, I love it because we're busy together and that's something I love and I'll never be FINISHED with.
FINISHED with this week! Can we fit one more thing in?



