Monday, May 16, 2011

My Mother's Day

I think I did pretty well this year...


























  I woke up to these cute little butterflies making a pathway out of my room, down the stairs, and into the family room.  Yes, there was about 50!  Isn't that special?  They worked long and hard on these things and I just couldn't throw them away the day of (as much as I wanted to).  Look at those cute googly eyes!  




I love that I'm DAZZLING!



This is Kendyl's and she obviously was working on it by herself because you can hardly make out any of the words.  Some of my favorites are that I am 10 lbs., that I am 50 years old, and the thing I do all day is make dinner.  Right on!
I know that from the time I was little I always had a soft spot in my heart for kids and especially babies.  I know this comes from my mom.  She is an amazing mother and has taught me how to be the best mother I can be.  I am so grateful for her.  My life has been blessed with a sweet little family and I am eternally thankful for the opportunity I have had to be their mother.  I know my Savior has watched over me and has strengthened me throughout the ups and downs of motherhood.  Everyday I love hearing Lucy's squeaky giggle, or seeing Kendyl's dance moves, or listening to Cam's detailed events of the day, and most of all seeing Benny run to John when he gets home from work.  I love being able to stay home and spend my days with them.  I feel bad for mothers who choose to work and miss out on the little things that bring so much happiness.   This is the best full-time job in the world.  I love it.