My family was able to go to the temple last night and do a sealing session. We haven't done this in a long time and I was excited to go. I love being together in the temple. When we showed up (in my all too-snug dress), we were greeted by the sealer whose last name was Farnsworth. He said his grandfather and my mom's grandfather were half brothers. I had no idea there were any half anythings in the Farnsworth line but since polygamy was practiced this was the case. Duh.
He then took us up to a sealing room that I've never been to. It was the only original sealing room in the whole temple. And he said it was the coolest (which I was grateful for.) It was beautiful. We had some family names and as he started reading the names, they were all French. What? I didn't know we had French lineage. You could tell it was killing John not to bust out in his French accent. That's a first. I imagined all of these families lined up to be sealed together and how happy they were going to be.
Our sealer then said that he had been in 2 temple presidencies and worked at the Arizona temple for 27 years. He took his time and asked us questions about what was going on. For the most part, I was stumped. I thought I knew alot of the answers, but he added some insight that I never had even thought of. We just soaked it in and I loved how he took his time to really teach us about the gospel. It was just one of those nights that don't come very often and I was grateful to be worthy and ready to enter the temple and feel the Spirit so strongly. I knew what we were doing was right and so important. The Spirit flooded me and it was a true testimony builder. What on earth can keep us from feeling like that? Satan has no power over the feeling we felt in that room. It was the Spirit of God.
We finished the night with some Cafe Rio, of course, and I just felt grateful for being surrounded by this family that I love. I will always remember this night.