Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pregnancy and first day of school don't mix

I have been weeping all morning.  I can't stop looking at this picture.  My two little girls are now at school all day and I really can't take it.  What am I going to do when Lucy starts preschool in a couple of weeks?  They really were excited to go and even told me to leave when they found out where they were supposed to line up.  Thank goodness they did or I would've lost it seeing them walk into their classrooms.  I didn't cry like this when Cams when to kindergarten or Kendyl went to kindergarten but having both of these sweet girls gone all day is really too much for me to handle.  They play so well together with the little kids that I often find them making forts in their bedroom and making sure everyone has a spot.  I guess it was bound to happen, but I still didn't prepare myself well enough.  I know they will be fine and I can't wait to hear about it when they get home.   I might be in the Neely parking lot at noon just to make sure I'm there when the bell rings at 3:30.  :)  Lunch anyone?
On another note, Benny had his 2 year checkup yesterday.  When the nurse came in to measure him, she thought she messed up because there's 'no way he could've grown 6 inches in one year.'  So she did it again but it came out the same length.  She was shocked.  He's now 38 inches and weighs 28.5 lbs.   I knew he'd grown alot this year, but I wasn't expecting that.  Kind of funny.  Stop growing!