Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas etc.

I loved this year's Christmas Day.  I kept thinking it was going to be a nightmare adding the whole hour of church in there at 8:30 but instead it turned out to be the perfect addition.  We told the kids that they needed to be 100% ready for church before we even thought about opening presents so at 6 AM they were ready to go.  I really tried to focus on talking to the girls about the week before Jesus' birth.  So everyday we would say, "Where do you think Mary & Joseph are?  Are they traveling to Bethlehem yet?"  It made them put the whole thing into perspective and we had some great conversations.  

 Lucy and Cams favorite gifts - LeapPad and guitar.

 Ben's of course was the plasma.

John looks studly here in his new running sweatshirt. 

And Kendyl hit the jackpot with her twin doll named Karen. 

 After church, we came back home for an hour or so and then headed over to Beags where we met up with the Ahlstroms.  Since Disneyland was our parents' gift to us this year, I asked if we could meet at Beags and Brad did not like it because it wasn't 'home for Christmas.'  Tough.  This time it worked out just fine.  




 I love this picture when Brad & Emma opened up their present from Scotty which was a grill for their new house.  Brad was in heaven and said 'his house was now complete.'  Way to go Scotty.


 After naps and a lazy afternoon, the Arnetts got together for presents and dinner.  It was fun seeing the cousins open present after present with wrapping paper flying everywhere.  We decided to have an Arnett sleepover that night and added Brooklyn, Elle, and Amy to our mix.  Don't really know what I was thinking but the girls all had a blast.  They don't get to see eachother that much so when they do get together, it's a party.  
I'm really glad to be part of these great families that have such strong traditions and love being with their grandkids (for the most part).  We are enjoying these years together while the kids are young and thank the Lord every day for letting us be their parents.