Monday, July 30, 2012

A couple of surprises!



While we were up in the mountains, John would come up on the weekends after work.  Well, this particular weekend, we were all sitting outside waiting for him to drive up and this suburban pulls up.  I thought it  might be one of my aunts but when I looked around, I noticed their suburbans were already there.  After sitting there and watching this suburban pull into our cabin, I still didn't know who it was.  Then John got out and I just about died laughing.  He had pulled this one on me all week, and I had no idea.  Oh my goodness, it is nice to have a car that fits all of us and then some.  

Our other surprise was this one.  We bought some chicks at Lehi Days back in the spring and they froze that same night.  So we got another 4 chicks and 2 have since died (one in the pool and the other heat exhaustion.)  I was just about ready to throw in the towel on chicks/ugly nasty chickens when John sent me this nice little picture of an egg.  It's a good thing they decided to start producing.  I think they have our house bugged and heard John & I talking of how we were going to get 'rid' of them after the summer.  That got 'em going.