I love when I answer the phone and my mom says, "How spontaneous are you?" It always means something good. This time it was a trip to Chicago to see my cousin Haylie get married. A few of the aunts had dropped out at the last second and my mom called me to see if I could fill in. Chicago is a place I had never been to and I was more than excited. John was so supportive to help me go and stayed home from work for a day. I quickly packed my bags and a couple days later, we were on our way.
Ross & Lori had every second planned for us and every meal was at the most amazing places. This mac 'n cheese was too good to pass up and I ate the whole thing. Probably around 2000 calories but it was worth every one. We walked our booties off and saw all of the buildings including the John Hancock and the Sears Tower. There wasn't enough time to go in them so we just looked at the outside. Fine by me.
Another night we saw a show called the Million Dollar Quartet. Wow. So awesome. I need John to see this.
And of course, we dropped in at Wrigley Field only for about 2 innings. It was a little short but when you're with a group of people, you kind of have to go with them. Such a cool atmosphere and I couldn't stayed for the whole game.
The highlight of the trip was definitely the wedding and being in the temple. I loved seeing Haylie and Spencer get sealed for eternity especially after Haylie's trials in her life. She is such a sweet girl.
The reception was right after the wedding on a boat similar to this one. We cruised down the Chicago River and saw all of the huge buildings all around. Such a blast.
On one of our walks downtown, we passed the American Girl Store. But since we didn't have time to go in, I passed it up but felt sick inside because I knew my girls would've loved to see that store. Even if I didn't buy anything, I knew I needed to just go in the store for them. So right after the reception, my mom, Mama, and I jetted in the cab straight to the store and with only 10 minutes until it closed, we made a few purchases and were on our way. Success! I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.
Here's another funny picture of Brooke, Chelsea, and I walking around downtown before the wedding. This little strip was full of triathloners who were biking, running, and swimming. So cool. I wanted to jump right in and swim.
I am so glad I was able to go on this most awesome trip with my mom and grandma. We had a blast together and I will always look back on Chicago with such sweet memories. Hopefully, it won't be too long before I get to go back with John.



