Tonight was one of those nights where I just didn't want to get off my lazy bum and do anything. John is off to Prescott running the big Ragnar race and so we're home for the weekend which means no down time for me. I have spent the whole day making dinner for Murph & Veva which means chicken crescent rolls and I decided to quadruple the recipe so I could freeze them for the future. I love doing this but it really is an all day process - at least for me. So after we ran the dinner out to Murph & Veva, got the girls in the bath, pajamas on, and books out, Cams informs me that I forgot to make her dinner. You see, she is the pickiest eater on the face so every night she eats something different from the rest of us. Very annoying. She's been this way since she was born. At least she likes healthy foods like fruit and more fruit.
So I had just relaxed for one minute when she told me this so I said, "Cams, can you make your own pizza rolls tonight?" I told her to pull the pizza rolls out of the freezer and put them on a plate. Then I told her to pull a chair over to the microwave and put the plate in and push 1. After she did this, we both looked at eachother with big excited eyes and she said, "Mom, I did it!" Then I realized this was the first meal that I didn't have to make for one of my kids. She even cut the pizza rolls just how she likes them. It felt as if a huge load was lifted off of my chest. You mean, Cams can actually make herself dinner now? I don't know whether to be happy or sad. It made me think, maybe I'm doing too much for my kids and should see what else they can do on their own. No, not quite ready for that but this was a big moment in my life. I guess, only moms will understand.