When John told us he was going to do the Ragnar race, I had no idea it was as big of an event as it really was. I thought it was a Saturday run, and we'd go watch him and then he'd be home a couple hours later. Oh no! This race was a 202 mile race which started at Prescott, AZ and finished in Mesa. He was on a team with 12 other people and they had to go up Thursday night to get ready for it. There was so much preparation for this race I could hardly believe it. John's first run started at 8 in the morning. He ran 7 miles. Then he went back to the hotel while the other runners were running and showered and ate and then got ready for his next leg. He started his next leg at 10 PM and it was 8 miles. And his last leg was 3 miles but it was all uphill and it was HOT!!! We went and met up with him at Fountain Hills while his team finished the last stretch of the race. John has always been a good runner but this really tests your endurance because you have to run on basically no sleep and different weather conditions. His team finished and that was the main goal. After seeing this, I don't know if I want to do a race like this or not. Looked fun and miserable at the same time. Good job John!
Isn't the AZ desert just beautiful? GAG.



