This weekend John & I got to spend Friday night at this amazing hotel up in north Scottsdale for his birthday. We took the kids to Chet & Joy's house and they were more excited about spending the night with Amy than anything else. Of course I was worried about how they would do in the night and hoped they wouldn't wake up too early.
It was exactly what we needed and it felt good to be able to go to dinner AND a movie without worrying about needing to get home soon. I know we haven't been to dinner and a movie since we've had Cams so it's been a long time.
The next morning we woke up around 8 o'clock to a knock at the door with our breakfast ready for us. Then we went and worked out (which is one of my favorite things to do at a hotel, because they always have the nicest machines.) But one of my all time favorite things to do at a hotel or anywhere in the world is sit by the pool or beach and read a book.
As I found myself soaking up the sun, I put down my book and realized that here I was, without a care in the world, while outside in the real world, people are losing their jobs left and right, and people's businesses are tanking that they've built their whole lives on. The economy is a mess and who knows how long it's going to stay like this and I really got thinking of how grateful I was for my blessings. I just looked around and took it all in and promised myself that I would never take anything for granted - no matter how big or small. And when you have a weekend like I did, you can really feel grateful for what you have and always look to help others who are in need especially at this time. Both sides of my family are amazing and are willing to help out at a moment's notice and sometimes I don't realize just how good I have it. I know that things will get harder and I don't ever want to forget where it comes from and who's really in charge. It was an awesome weekend and I'm so grateful to have made these memories with John to remember this time in life.