Friday, August 27, 2010

2 down, 1 to go

Happy 3rd birthday Lucy! We love you so much!


First thing: Benny got his tubes put in this morning. HALLELUJAH! I was getting a little nervous because his nose started running yesterday and I thought we might have to cancel it for the second time but all went well. We actually almost missed it because I got the hours goofed up and they called at 6:30 AM wondering where we were. I thought we had to be there at 7 and the surgery was at 8 but it was at 7 and we had to be there at 6. Frantic! Luckily we live literally 5 minutes from the surgery center and got there in no time. One funny thing about Ben Johnny is he is notorious for messing his diaper in waiting rooms. Any waiting room! Do you know how annoying it is to finally make it to your appt and then have to go back out to change the diaper in your car in the blasting heat?? So not fun! Well, since I ran out the door this morning, I forgot to pack a diaper in my bag and so of course, he messed his diaper in the waiting room and the hospital didn't have one for him, so the doctors had to deal with it. Sorry! One thing down.

Second thing: we had Kendyl's endocrinologist doctor appt on Tuesday and after many questions, and feeling all around her neck the doctor concluded that her thyroid cyst was benign and that we won't have to get it surgically removed. What a relief! In the back of my head, I thought everything was going to come out like this but you just never know. I needed to hear it straight from the doctor. No one could convince me otherwise.

Third thing: this week I have to go have some skin cancer spots removed. They found some basal cell skin cancer spot on my scalp - well I actually found them but had them removed and they came back positive. So the doctor have to SHAVE my hair to be able to find the spot and then if the spot is bigger than what they think, they'll shave some more. AHHH!! The NP told me to bring a SCARF in case they have to shave a lot of hair. Oh my gosh. Don't ever tell me to bring a scarf. I'll walk out of there with a shaved head before I put a scarf on. I have no pride. I might be in ponytails for the rest of my life but I don't care. I hate hair anyways.