I seriously love this city. Both times I've been here have been some of the most memorable times of my life. Amazing. This was a Christmas gift from my parents for all of the adults. We flew out on December 27 and stayed until the 30th.
The main reason my mom chose Chicago was because the first time we went we saw the musical called "The Million Dollar Quartet." She knew John would absolutely love it and so she got all of us tickets. Not only did John love it, everyone did! We all were dancing our fannies off at the end. It was a great way to start off the weekend.
After the show, we found the Ghirardelli ice cream shop. Oh man. This dessert is my all time favorite. Brownie ice cream sundae. Wow.
The next morning we walked to the Bean. It's a famous landmark in Chicago and if you're a tourist, it's a must see. The weather was extraordinary for being in December. Nice and warm. The rest of the day we walked the Magnificent Mile and shopped around.
Then came the freezing weather. On Sunday, we met up with Haylie and Spencer Nolan who live there and they took us to church. We walked all the way there and it was cold then but it just kept getting colder. Since we didn't want to waste any time, we stupidly decided to walk to the pier. It was frigid and I slipped on some ice and tweaked my knee. I think it got down to 9 degrees. That's about the time I was craving our 110 degree summers.
For me, the best part was just being with everyone. Nobody needed to be home at a certain time, we ate some really good deep dish pizza, and saw some neat things. Definitely a weekend for the books! Thanks Mom and Dad!


