Friday, July 3, 2009

Ben Johnny

Besides the fact that I feel like I'm going to fall asleep at the computer, I think we are doing okay. Ben Johnny is what we call him now (thanks to Kendyl) and we think it is the perfect nick name for him. He has been a really calm baby which I am so grateful for. Lucy was a mess of a baby and for the first 6 weeks of her life, she wouldn't let us put her down. Ben, on the other hand, has been a great sleeper. For the past couple of nights, I'll feed him at 9 PM and then he'll wake up at 1 AM and 5 AM. Now, seriously I can do that.
The other day, my grandma came over to help me out and she bathed Ben and held him while I got showered and even did my hair. It was a great morning and I am so grateful for her example and service for me. She told me that she used to cherish the nighttime hours with her babies because that was the only time she had alone with them. I guess that's what happens when you have 12 kids. I really don't know how she did it. I love her and am so grateful that she is my grandma.