Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I'm venting

I'm throwing in the towel after today.  I'm exhausted.  My eyes are bloodshot and my feet are hurting.  Today was a very frustrating 'mom' day not because the kids had a bad day or Verizon wouldn't budge on a $590 bill this month, but because it's days like today where you never want to leave your house again.  I needed 3 babysitters today which meant I had to be in 3 different places without my kids and I only ended up going to 2 of the 3 places because I'm tired of getting babysitters.  My life shouldn't be centered around when I need babysitters.  This morning I had to go to physical therapy for my dumb knee, but after not trying really hard to get a babysitter, I decided not to even go and went to my grandparents house.  A much better decision.  This afternoon I had dentist appointment for all 3 girls which meant Ben got a sitter and tonight John & I were needed at a song practice.  Is that ridiculous or what?
That's the stinky part about this whole knee situation is the therapy.  It's 2x/week for 4 months!  Up until this week, I haven't missed ONE therapy appt.  I never believed people when they said the surgery was the easy part.  It's the therapy that is the killer.  My 8 week mark is this Thursday and it's felt more like 8 years. No, 8 decades.  No, 8 centuries!!  Can't I be done yet?  It's so old.  
I guess I should be focusing on the good things right now and the fact that my knee is fixed - it will just take a while to get stronger.  And how I've been blessed with such great family, friends, and ward members who have constantly checked on me and brought me dinner and watched my kids.  I can't imagine going through this on my own.  And John for picking up the slack around the house when I couldn't make it up the stairs.  I feel like we've learned alot through this trial and that's what trials are for, right?  I'm still exhausted though.